Omar AlQabandi is hosting this year’s Google+ 2nd year anniversary photowalk for the first time in Kuwait. A photowalk is a fun way to get together with photographers either you’re a professional, amateur, or a beginner to take a walk while taking some pictures with your DSLR, point-and-shoot camera, or even with your mobile camera. There will be photo contest and prizes from sponsors and Google itself!
- This event is FREE
- You can use ANY device that takes photos, DSLRs, Compact Cameras, Phones, Tablets…etc
- This event is open for every one of all ages.
- It doesn’t matter if you’re a PRO or Armature, if you LOVE photography this event is for you!
- There will be a Photo Contest!* ( See Rules Below )
- There will also be some random Prizes and Give-aways from the sponsors of the Google+ Photowalks.
Date: Saturday June 29th 2013
Location: one of the listed below
- The Scientific Center and Marina Mall in Al Salmiya
- Shuwaikh Beach to Youm Al Bahar Village
- The Avenues Mall
Just in case of a harsh weather on that day, the event would take place indoors.
- Youm Al Bahar Village to Souq Al Mubarkiya:
This is probably the closest location to Kuwait culture and old traditions, and so far its our first pick.
Omar mentioned a good point about how changeable Kuwait’s weather is, since it’s on June so it will be hot and might be sandy too, so the chosen location will be announced later. I like Youm Al Bahar to Souq Al Mubarikiya one since it has an older history among the rest.
Photo Contest Rules:
- The photo MUST HAVE BEEN TAKEN DURING YOUR PHOTOWALK!
- Everyone is eligible to enter one (1) photo in each of the seven categories and you may not enter the same photo twice. For instance; it may be a great “Portrait” shot that you got out on your photowalk and you decided to process it in “Black & White.” You will need to choose between one of those two categories as to where to enter it.
- Upload your photos to your Google+ account. Share them in Kuwait Photographers Community, and make sure you mention that you’ve taken the Photo during the Photowalk. (Link to the community: https://plus.google.com/communities/117563229804984110618 )
- The photos will be judged by the judges and the winners will be revealed in a Live Hangout when completed. (exact date/time TBD when available) Judges decisions are final. All photos will be available for public viewing.
Here’s the Event Link.
All the best Omar and thank you for bringing such an event to Kuwait.